Friday, July 16, 2021

March 1989 - page 5

1.
it was a lie...  her loving me,
no intimacy...  no touchy feely
kinds of things...  no kissing
no holding...  no sentimentality;
it was a lie...  her loving me,
there had been no caring for years
there had been no fondness or friendship
there had been no romancing
it was a lie alright...  her loving me.

2.
I need to bury my love for you
since there's nothing physical so
I can find someone and fall in love
to meet my physical needs again.

3.
she could make love to a man
if she did not love him,
he could make love to a woman
only if he did love her,
they love each other but had not
made love in months,
he needed to bury his love for her
so a new love could be found,
she did not want to lose the
only man she'd ever loved,
it was really finished this time
she had lost him for good...
he had promised never to stop
loving her...  of that she reminded him,
it was true...  but that love would
be buried so deep it would not count,
and they would both love again.

4.
he was hers or so
she thought until the platonic
love was not enough.

5.
I am beginning to hate you
for hating me...  it's like
everything else I say you
don't believe and everything
I do is hiding something;
it's like you don't trust me
and for good cause...  but now
you'll prove you're right
in what you see even when
you're wrong...  no more.

6.
we die a little more each day
each time we are together,
when on the telephone
it is a little different though.

7.
you scored me wrong
but what the hell...
there's plenty more
and while you're at it
bring me one over here.

8.
the evening robs us
keeps us from clear sight
soothes us to sleep so
in the morning we can
take back what she took.

9.
they were silent crimes
more or less
except for the cries
of sorrow
of happiness
of anger
of bitterness
I heard...  it was an
elegant feast we ate
in honor of our
last night
spent outside of bars,
they were crimes
but the hate
came later,
after the tears.

10.
she faulted all
I would try
bragging from
her being
a bitch...  she
refused to care,
saying those days were
buried in the
casket along with
her dreams...  she
gave no warning for
her flight but
left much unspoken
which is how
she always was...
she hated me and
my talking and
my guessing and
my infidelity...
but most of all she
hated me because
she still loved me.


No comments:

Post a Comment