Thursday, July 1, 2021

December 1995 - page 5

1.
it is a cold wind
that blows against
our backs today,
it is a cold wind
that takes our breath away,
it is a cold wind
that blankets the ground,
it is a cold wind
that serves us today
and a warm wind
that's coming 'round.

2.
she was unusual
she was weird
she was a little bit sane from
all the craziness inside,
she was a blue-eyed blond
or a black-haired witch
but as sure as you are here
she was my bitch.

3.
you are warm outside
and cold inside,
wanting me to tolerate
your mood shifts,
you see yourself in me and
you don't like it much.

5.
the coffee is warm
the weather cold
you are nice
I am old,
tell me a story
filled with lies
and I will clean my glasses
as I dry my eyes.

6.
she came to me
in the night,
so terrified
so alone
wanting,
needing anyone
to help her through
her misery
and once
she was though,
she went off
with the first man
who caught her eye.

7.
only herself
to blame,
but she would
never admit it,
at least never
to another man
because
she always knew
deep in her heart
that they were to
blame for everything.

8.
it still bothers me
the hypocrisy does
but what am I
to do or say
except to let them
have their way
hoping one day
they will get
something for it.

9.
it is cute
so very cute
that people
who want to
have their ways
will not let
others have theirs.

10.
once or twice
we go the route,
once or twice
we take a chance,
once or twice
we do these things,
but no more than
that is unusual.


No comments:

Post a Comment