Monday, July 5, 2021

January 1989 - page 4

1.
she follows me wherever I go
regardless of the light or lack of same,
unhappiness is a mental disorder
that's for sure with me...
it's not so much that I can
make myself feel bad but others as well,
sad follows me without any
little green pills or help from my friends.

2.
women in string bikinis and
little rum drinks with umbrellas
a perpetual sunset or sunrise,
depending upon one's point-of-view,
all cares have been thrown away
and worries too and there is no
money or coins, whatever we need
to fulfill our fantasy of death.

3.
my eyes hurt from the
smoke filled room and cannot see
the grief around me.

4.
I paint her portrait
in my mind as a woman
too deeply in love.

5.
she tolerates my
presence learning from my age's
experiences.

6.
I want her to love
me as I want to love her
but she cannot yet.

7.
once she reads my note
our life together may be
not ready to start.

8.
her happiness does
not depend as much on me
as mine does on her.

9.
I think with my fingers
a pen and some paper,
not a big sheet as the
back of an envelop will do,
I think with my heart while
carrying my emotions in
a pocket on my hip,
I hurt like a child who is not
old enough to play in a 
grown up up world but 
does so just the same.

10.
I can remember your smile
and how it enticed me,
I can visualize your lips
and how I want to kiss them,
I can feel your eyes looking
tell me what you'd like to do,
I can hope for the best as I
know the worst will be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment