Tuesday, July 13, 2021

March 1989 - page 2

1.
from the state of living
we draw our conclusions
right or wrong
from the state of dying
we paint by numbers a
final portrait.

2.
we yield to her what
can be spared hope for onme
final forgiveness.

3.
seeds were spilled on the ground
neatly piled for them to eat
and for three days running
the hill of seeds remained.

4.
the neighbors reported her missing
she had not done this before
so we chained her to a tree to keep
her from running away again.

5.
the rules were simple for
those who had played before
learned at an early age,
now these who became players
after forty were risking
more than a loss of morals.

6.
you were kind and sometimes
you were less than that, but I
want to remember you as nice.

7.
there were always ways 
to provide a circumstance
or create a climate when
nothing would benefit from
it except one's good will.

8.
it was a comparison
I made and no one
ever reached the
standards you had
set for yourself.

9.
today, it rained instead of snowed
tomorrow maybe opposite today,
each day has its own personality
and we try to adjust to each one.

10.
I provide my own entertainment
for just a while longer that I should,
and my audience usually leaves me
refunding the price of admission.


No comments:

Post a Comment