Monday, July 26, 2021

May 1989 - page 5

1.
pound on my home
the rain persists
beating then retreating
then beating again,
hurling itself at my shelter
tearing it down
with no caring or remorse,
how angry she is this year.

2.
there was no love between us
there never was,
I just told you what you wanted to hear
or though you wanted me to say,
we went out...  we kissed...
and later went to bed...
that may have been love for you,
but it was sex for me,
you were a frightened little girl
two failed marriages
no real future for your children
a father who committed suicide
no one knows why,
you have no respect for yourself
and abuse your body for
some kind of punishment,
I was no different for you
at the beginning,
but there was a difference
to which you tried to cling,
but that's not love and
it will never be for us now.


3
on the porch or patio
of my dreams for
the day ahead of me,
my thoughts are
warmed by the manifestation
of the sung through the
shiled of protective plastic,
instant pudding flashes
across my mind and a
Cardinal soars to greater
heights that before I arrived,
all at once I am confronted
and befriended by the
sounds that can only be
heard inside one's mind.

4.
I get disappointed with
their responses and you
want me to organize and
exercise my rights to get
more of what I want...
man...  is this what your
education teaches you?
I want no part of it,
I am satisfied with my
education and experience
and the struggle I earned.

5.
I gave my word
and you say that
is not enough for you,
I have nothing left
to give you or even
offer since you 
cannot accept honor.

6.
no one was at hom
when I arrived,
no one took my hand
and offered friendship,
no one challenged
what I believed or
provided a solution,
no one dared to change
the way it always was.

7.
and after eleven weeks
of beating their heads
against the wall, he
announced he was 
leaving and student
returned after class to
ask if he would reconsider;
it was an emotional time
a far away time and he
had nothing left to share
with them especially since
they would never listen.

8.
a strained relationship at best
each expecting the other to see
what was not expressed,
assuming the worst even
when it did not occur...
looking for things to 
perpetuate the animosity
which was more important
that extending a solution...
without the hate there
would be nothing at all.

9.
there was nothing better than
watching these educators talk
as if they really supported
something, knowinmg that was
the last thing on their minds,
educators were synomous with
politicians and both spoke
with forked tongue statements.

10.
she had something that
belonged to him...
it no longer provided
their symbol...
it was a mystic charm
received years ago,
she had given the charm
to remind him that
after her...  he would
never love another,
it has come to pass and
each time he offers the
charm the affair ends,
hoping each time the evil
inside will be released.


No comments:

Post a Comment