Wednesday, July 14, 2021

March 1989 - page 3

1.
life is a contribution
made by those who feel
they cannot add anything.

2.
I drove home this evening with
the feeling it would be my last,
it was a strangely powerful sensation,
there must have been a twin somewhere
whose life had abruptly ended...
and I wonder why I was spared.

3.
your life is mine and
I yours and together
convey peacefulness.

4.
it was the crowd who
provoked the closing
of the game, a small
handful of followers
who are responsible
for all our lost rights.

5.
there were more
many more
and we few
paid the price,
we complement
disgrace and
return for more,
we rest our heads
weary of too
much thinking
and suppositions.

6.
our final hour
brings our final meal and
displays no manners.

7.
there were moments of concern
and freedom outweighed the price
we had to pay...wanting something
from nothing...  from each other
and no commitments except tuition
that would eventually be reimbursed,
our excuse was vague and we
certainly knew or thought we did
and why discuss, if we've discussed
it before and why listen if we've
listened before...  so, what the hell,
our concerns were of no concern
and our moments were no more,
no longer valid nor was our
approach even worth considering.

8.
from where I am
you appear to be
too distant a thought
to cause problems.

9.
your eyes smile with a look that
lets me know you understand why
our time is limited and off-base.

10.
you listed me as a 
friend who only saw
you as someone with
whom to go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment