Sunday, July 4, 2021

January 1989 - page 3

1.
she calls out to me
in her thoughts as I do to
her when we're apart.

2.
it was just another day
when out of the ordinary
glass rain began to fall
just as I had predicted
the night before in my dream,
it was just another wish
unlike any other when
the earth opened-up and
swallowed all my dreams
and as I tried, one-by-one
to recreate them I realized
they were all gone for good.

3.
the cold radiates through
my body chilling my
heart and all feelings
over which I had control,
it was an indication of
an uneasiness that would
center itself in my life
until the arrival of spring,
I was in hibernating plant.

4.
I wanted to change my name
but in so thinking realized
I would have to change my face,
it was not that my face
was a particular good one,
it was too familiar to me.

5.
this year has started off with
no surprises and no one there
for me to reach out and touch,
it's the same every year
and I always want it to change.

6.
it was you that I wanted
not someone else...
not one of these bar-tending ones
not one of those "easy" kind,
it was you with your faults
and your simple but accurate ways,
that I knew would be mine
if I could be patient and wait.

7.
there were shots ringing
off in the woods...
three I think I heard,
wondering who the fourth
one was for since the
first three were for me.

8.
there was a thick skin I
saw lying in the road
on the way to Hyco lake,
there was a list of reasons
for procrastinating lying
out there also and I
wanted it to be a resolution.


9.
under cover my wishes are
remaining there for you to find
and with each one that you locate
I will be your love-slave
for a month...  and each one that
you miss...  you'll be mine.

10.
my thoughts are of you
my dreams are of us
both will never come true
for I fear my luck has ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment