Friday, May 7, 2021

April 1988 - page 4

From her original plan, he was seduced
into thinking she was his...  they were
both your but far from innocent...  his
attraction was temporary and she was
left alone and began searching again.


she would be a spectacular lover or
so he assumed since she was not
overly beautiful and these women,
in general, made up for it in bed
or so someone more experienced 
once told him over a beer or two.


they were all desperate, searching
for anything that resembled love,
they these rejected lovers, wanted
to appear reluctant but would take
whatever it was they could find.


the day moved along like a lazy river
picking up speed as the night air
cooled its path and when it got down
to less than an hour left, I knew the
end was only one cup away from us.


if I am not interested in looking for another
then why should she want to look?
because I cannot give her the time she needs,
all I have is physical and that in intermittently. 



I may be crazy doing what I'm doing
I may be a little off center and when
those who know me question me...
I answer because it makes me feel needed.


the wind stirred up the coldness
in my veins and the hot liquid
I poured down would not warm me,
it showed on my face...  I was
no match for the cold weather.


she came early
before I was ready
all my efforts must be
repeated if what I want
is to make any sense.


I can think of nothing else
being with you takes all my
energies and how easier would
it be for you to find another.


our future is in the past and
we are history...  something to be studied
we make allowance for each other
in the hopes the moment will
last a little longer for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment