Saturday, May 22, 2021

August 1988 - page 2

1.
you spoke in anger
you acted with revenge
you want me to do
all the talking...  you
will never understand
the meaning of caring.

2.
we took our feelings and bruised
them and with stubborn pride
prevented a second chance.

3.
I loved you everyday 
more and deeper than
every before and
questioned that love
because I didn't deserve
it and thought I should
receive less than that.

4.
I wrote about you once before
when I could allow myself to
care and you cautiously loved
me but we could never find
any more common ground.

5.
I look over my shoulder 
expecting to see you...
expecting you to smile
and say let's try it again
since we were so good
for each other one time.


6.
we loved and lost
and allowed no 
more saying goodbye
to the best that we
had ever had so far.

7.
her eyes fell on deaf ears
still she would not plead
with him and they watched
it dissolve as if they had
never been anything at all.

8.
her test was unfair but
so was mine...  it was
either her way or mine,
always competition
always conflict
compromise did not exist.

9.
I wasn't trying to smother her
I just wanted her to care about
me more than she did...  it was
the indifference that was the
hardest thing to deal with now.

10.
she knew my response would
be negative but wanted to
prove her point since I had
been so understanding lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment