Friday, May 14, 2021

July 1988 - page 1

1
she felt things slipping away
down into the hollowness
of her worst fears....
"I just want this chance to love you,"
she said with tears in her eyes,
"if I don't take it now, I'll
never get it again..."

2.
no one beat the system
they only learn how
to play within it.

3.
you thoughts come back to me
like solid little ball bouncing
their way in and out of reality.

4.
morning prepares me not for exercise
but for your memory and the last time
we were together...  and they pass
quickly until the next time together.

5.
I wanted to imagine her at
home with me but there
were too many other forces
always standing in our way.

6.
there was the photograph she had
give him...  the one she wanted
him to look at and think of her.

7.
down the road dogs
bark at a lonely moon
as another summer
weekend comes to
its inevitable end;
the last can of beer is
tossed in the ditch of
a neighbor's yard and
we see ourselves as 
adult-like in behavior.

8.
I caught the fever of
loving you and paid 
the price for it...  you
would be passionate
and daring for as long
as it pleased you to
make it so then stop.

9.
I worry out of ignorance
that you have less to loose,
and as long as my passion
can conceal your guilt
you're happy to remain.

10.
you've said a lot of things
and I wonder just how
serious you've been...
it seemed more at the
time but I could have
been fooled by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment