Monday, May 31, 2021

October 1988 - page 3

1.
air between the sole
and ground will not lift up one's
overweight spirits.

2.
her cries linger in
my memories while she fades
from my view and grasp.

3.
dreams curiously hand on the
walls of my mind...  like
unframed prints whose originals
were given away years ago
out of a love that now resides in
the hall of memories, unfulfilled.

4.
draw closer to me and
make me feel loved by you
at least once this evening.

5.
next to me you were
a lover extraordinaire
always in my heart.

6.
there they sit in their
spun-silk shirts absorbing the
battles of others.

7.
to me you gave of
yourself because all your friends
had moved out of town.

8.
into my house, draw
near she babbled holding a
torn and tattered heart.

9.
fall brought her cold winds
today slapping at the face
that was unshaven.

10.
from deep within a
calling felt like none other,
it scares me sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment