Wednesday, May 19, 2021

December 1988 - page 1

1.
each had their heights in inches
and were waiting more instructions
from the facilitator when it was
announced only the average
of them all would be computed.

2.
with the clock set
it began and gradually
they bloom alongside
each other on the road.

3.
I waited and
you waited and
neither of us
bothered to
leave notes.

4.
what were you to me anymore
I asked myself...
thinking it would help my mind
if I had a clear answer...
with which I could act upon.

5.
his words easily left
but not easily were
they ever followed.

6.
nothing could have prevented our
attraction it seemed...  deciding
that a smile and eye contact might
not appear too suggestive...
especially since we just met,
maybe we were lonely and saw
something to share without
having the fear of being used
and without any obligations,
like good friends who share and
expect nothing more than what
they have given me aready.

7.
they never stopped
the process to make 
it better...  therefore
it became somewhat
increasingly worse.

8.
she was back, she said
and there were some things
that he should just remember,

she had learned from him well,
all those little play with words
rather than just outright,

she knew of his love
and what he spoke but was
still confused with actions,

she knew that he was
not always there but
was always there
when she needed him.

9.
she wanted to be
his girl and only
his girl and would 
have been if she
was not married.

10.
she love him more
than any other but
never totally had him.


No comments:

Post a Comment