Tuesday, May 25, 2021

November 1988 - page 2

1.
he was her prize for
the month and after a year
wished for another.

2.
you will never know
and you will never be the
one closest to me.

3.
my purpose is to
love and be loved by you if
you can accept that.

4.
our fantasies remain in the mirror
of memory until we can shed ourselves
from the attraction of others.

5.
we tried separate philosophies and
found many of our ideas were similar,
we tried collective bargaining and
found a team approach instead,
we tried horizontal positioning and
found ourselves without a place to stay.

6.
she returned like I
wanted, everything the same
only it was not.

7.
it was a like a three
ring circus juggling future
against a bad past.

8.
each night I struggle
with an identity that
I cannot tolerate.

9.
she was soft spoken
with hair below her thoughts and
a smile everyday.

10.
in her bed a man
stayed whose future would not be
just between her legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment