Saturday, May 29, 2021

August 1988 - page 3


1.
we just could not get beyond the hurt,
come back together with self-renewed
understanding...  today, was always based
upon all of our previous angers again.

2.
she became demanding, critical and
abusive, daring him to accept that as
the best it was ever going to be now.

3.
we remained for all the wrong reasons,
taking that as an excuse to be hateful.

4.
morning wrapped her gentle hand around
my mind squeezing out the bad thoughts
that you had left inside from yesterday.

5.
the sounds and smells of love making
came back to me this morning as did
your memory and I felt the emptiness
and the hollowness you left behind.

6.
there wasn't much to hold us together
but it didn't take much and it was over
before it had gotten off to a good start.

7.
I found her lonely and offered myself
and quickly that too was taken away
and she was left on her own again.

8.
her heart was not my concern even
though I had broken it...  her feelings
were tightly sealed away out of reach.

9.
it was mention our love would
last forever...  but there was no
for that to also change now.

10.
her love had been there just
for me to take at the right
place and at the right time,
no one said it was to last.


No comments:

Post a Comment