Wednesday, June 30, 2021

December 1995 - page 4

1.
I can pretend to
be what you want
and probably fool you
for a while...  but,
my attraction to you
was based upon you
letting me be myself.

2.
I will live
like this a
little more
than I will
begin to stray.

3.
little by little
we drift apart
because our congruence
was not overshadowed
by our love.

4.
save me today and
again tomorrow from me
saying we don't mesh.

5.
you will not let
anyone take care
of you but you find
several ways to 
take care of them,
almost to the point
of showing off or
in some competition.

6.
she works hard but
at meaningless jobs,
making little more
than she need to get by
and in the winter she
drives a car without 
any heat wearing
clothes and coats.

7
build me a new
image if you will,
one in which I am
less tolerant of you
than I am right now.

8.
your greatest claim is saying
what have you done not to show
your love for me, and while
that puts you in an untouchable
position for the moment... so,
let me tell you what I have
been seeing...  your actions
contradict your words...  as you
leave for hours without saying
a word...  and, when you are
upset with me you blame
everything you do on me...
you wear tight clothes and
notice other men just to see
if I will say anything...  and you
pay people back worse than
they got you and you have these
double standards where it is
only right for you and when
that is challenged then you say
someone's being mean to you.

9.
I am fair and will
turn the other cheek
but if there is something
that is unfair, then
my sixties upbringing
rules all my actions.

10.
you are a hard one
to please...  you have
a worker mentality
and you greatest 
claim to fame is
holding your own
with all the males.


No comments:

Post a Comment