Monday, April 26, 2021

February 1988 - page 1

I stood by helpless, watching her
image fade from the yellowed
photograph I carried...  there was
so much I wanted to say if I
could only find her location.


under the counter love is what you offered,
I was down and out...  needing you or
anyone for that matter, as long as they
were willing to care about my situation.


an old man came through the door
and into my line of sight...  he wore
a old boy hat that wasn't very good
with scrambled eggs on the brim.


a winter storm watch or warning
I heard today...  this morning actually,
it will be in tonight when we are
in our bed and making love again.


absorbed within my own thoughts,
deep inside the mental corridors
of abstraction...  I sat holding a
key to your heart...  I knew it had
been lost years ago and returned.


an attractive lady sat across from me,
a few years older or so it appeared,
I saw in her a unique quality that
had not been available in my youth.


we change our appearance
with each new season...
shedding our habits with
the changing climate...
and those who think they
know us find our differently.


complaints are directed to the lower level,
it may appear as a low priority when
actually there is no priority at all here.


they came to me in groups for advice,
I tell them what they already know,
they come to me for favors but
I tell them the price tag is too high.


my appetite grew faster than I 
could find time to walk it off,
I learned not to eat what didn't smell
and what used to be easy for me
now had become almost impossible.




No comments:

Post a Comment