Tuesday, April 27, 2021

February 1988 - page 2

I was formerly married
and formerly employed,
I was formerly trim
and formerly healthy,
then I turned forty.


the people who we teach this year
seem to be bottom-of-the-barrel kind,
they are different each year with a
less than positive trend going on.


I knew a man who saved
everything except friendships,
couldn't save what he didn't have.


old time, what do you see?
what do you know?
what can you tell me?
will I end up like you?
Hey...  old timer...
talk to me...  I'm like you.


this year ain't going to be
any better than last year...
I'm tired of this...  frigging "A".


we had a splendid little
marriage until the rumor
of divorce...  then we were
nasty and said hateful things,
and our actions implied feelings
that we could deny later because
they had not been said...  we 
had the world by the tail
and loved every minute of it.


I never thought I could ever
really hate anyone until you...
you make it so easy for me.


I've got my work to do
I cannot take time to spend
with you...  on second thought
I'll never get all my work done.


I tried to remember her face and
what she looked like and all I
could think of was how sexy
she was or seemed to be to me.


I live on the careful side of emotions
not to show in public what should
remain private and sort of personal,
I hide my feelings behind the
false exterior of being rather tough.




No comments:

Post a Comment