Friday, April 23, 2021

January 1988 - page 3

my mind was pushed into
a paper bag and set on fire
like we did on Halloween.


I saw a lady that appeared to be white
with a little boy that appeared to be black
although she wore no ring of any kind.


she wore her amusement clothes
some might say she was over dressed
for anything but going to bed.


we began this year with ice,
cold and melting interests,
we consumed over-the-counter
medication to change all that
and all we gained were cramps.


an old friend passed by this morning
on his way to a new job...
he wasn't really a friend since I only
spoke to him a couple of times,
but he is making more money now.


the wind shifted her direction
blowing me to you...   it was
hardly what I wanted...  we
seemed to get along fairly well.


into my life she appeared
and left before we were
properly introduced to
each other as expected.



I
this morning my head woke up first
with a pain that would bring most
people to their knees...  daylight
made it worse as I fought to reduce it,
my actions made it work...  I wanted to die.

II
as I stood...  a faintness overcame me
then a sick feeling deep inside...  I
found myself without clothes...  face up
on the bathroom floor...  shivering.

III
a sense of recovery came to me
as I finished dressing and shaving,
I wondered when it would strike again.


what is my problem?
why do I always want something else?
I recognize the issues but
cannot do anything to change.


he was looking for a telephone
in all the wrong places and if he
had just turned the other way
he would have easily seen it.




No comments:

Post a Comment