Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 28

  

I.
coming home has never really
been something to enjoy...
coming home to your criticism
and constant antagonism.

II.
and you ask if I'll make love to her anymore
out of duty and thinking of you
don't do anything she will enjoy
there is no more of our future to discuss.

III.
"morning, I hit it early today!"
"oh?"
"yeah...  there's something they want me to do for them."
"oh?"
"yeah...  got to run...  see ya."
"have a nice day..."  
and, turning to the next one in line said,
"next."

IV.
the time came to prove himself and
he was afraid of disappointment,
so he acted irresponsibly...   he
didn't mind how he acted since
only he was the one to control that.

V.
she had reason not to trust him
feeling it necessary to try once more,
she had been giving him one more chance
most of their marriage it seemed...
it was too late to give up now.

VI.
she was just learning she said to explain
her lack of understanding...  he could have
accepted that before, but he had been
taking her to work for over two years...
how difficult could working at McDonald's be?

VII.
all the way home I thought of you
wondering why it was so difficult this time,
your face was pretty to hide from from me,
there were tears for you but not for me.

VIII.
it was late in the day for me
and yours had just begun...
there were no meals that
we could ever have together.

IX.
it was my turn and she came for me
I wasn't sure what she wanted but was
blessed to have been given the opportunity.

X.
she faced him for the first time
in days..,.  it was a month since
her separation and he was still
treating her like a black widow.

No comments:

Post a Comment