Saturday, April 10, 2021

Poetic Muses - November 1987

she worked two jobs and put three
children through college...   her
family was a lot closer than mine,
but I borrowed no hints from her.


she stood just shy of five and a half
with jet black hair to her shoulders,
and a pale but healthy appearance,
her smile was more than enough to
attract my interest...  but the ring on
her finger kept her from being mine,
yet, I still imagined how it would be.


she crossed her legs and broke
my glasses and we never saw
each other again after that.


I watched you pass but you did not see me,
I watched my fantasy fade from view,
knowing that if you were really interested
you would have let me know by now.



moods change with our dreams as
we seek to fulfill our empty needs.


she changed my future and its direction
she made me admit my weaknesses
then left me alone with all the fears.


I called you because I
need to be with my past
and see if it there was
something to change it.


once a month I journey south to the park
I presume because that where I should be,
and every month I feel like a stranger
and that's just the way its going to be.


in your outstretched hand you hold
the key to my survival...  if you can
solve the mystery of my life...   and
if you can secure my loneliness.


the redhead smiled and I remembered
her from somewhere...  I just can't remember,
she laughed and I remembered her lips,
she frowned and I remembered her goodbyes.


she continue to see me up
until my divorce was final,
then she stopped because
there was no more excitement.


she told me over and over again
there was nobody else and I was
beginning to believe her... then,
one day I came home early and
found her with our new neighbor.


she stopped long enough to call me...
I had not much time to listen...
she said, "we're through..."
I said, "thank you..."
we left in different directions.


A
at the break, I went outside
in the hopes that someone
would eventually speak...
no one approached me so I
venture back inside to my seat,
B
I wondered who they all were,
but I could read their name tags,
so I gave them bogus names
according to their appearance.


I try to find women with whom I
might be able to have an affair...
knowing it will complicate my life
but not having them makes it worse.


it's been a while since last we met
but I can remember all your moves,
I can remember your touch like it was yesterday,
but what makes me feel the best is that
you want me as much as I want you.


your hate lives deep inside me
as my hate lives deep inside you,
we got what we paid for...
we paid what we bargained for...
so neither of us can complain.


I want you for my own
but had to share...
my interest in you faded as
I wanted someone who was
willing to be mine alone.


she looked dangerous in those clothes
that she decided to wear today...
in need of companionship she was,
and she was selectively patient.


in my mind I see you plainly
laying there with me
on the ground
making love...
in my mind I see these things
and what is real is
something altogether different.








No comments:

Post a Comment