Wednesday, April 28, 2021

February 1988 - page 3

I hear the horns of death blowing
the tune I wrote that only I can hear,
I hear the trumpets sounding out
loudly for me and the drumming
cadence calling...  deep base beating,
I have been ready for this for weeks.


she was a looker she was
and more than that...
much more...  she was sensual
and oh so sexy and hot.

we thrive on rumors and
gossip without them
there would be no intrigue.


wars are fought on many battlefields,
some traditional but many not,
and the natives lost their pride to us
and most of their meaning...
who will we ridicule tomorrow?


dance with me so
I might feel the
warmth of your
body against me.


the word
through the grapevine
finally got to me
that you were
not pleased
with my actions...
I picked up and left.


the anger in his voice eased
he resented not being a good father or husband,
he believed things around the
old homeplace would get better
if he was not there so much of the time.


into the security of the room 
he ran...  alone with his
thoughts and no critics...
he was finally safe.

it was midnight when he finished
the hold digging and dawn by the
time he had slept and showered...
it was ready anytime he was.


she spoke to him as if to question
his motives and when he could
not defend his intentions, she
asked politely for him to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment