Monday, April 5, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 30

  

I.
it was your caring that I missed and
no longer did I need to wonder if your
feeling were really there or not...
it was your understanding that I missed
and how you just stood there looking
with not enough time to see it all...
what I miss is you and the way
I feel when I am around just you.

II.
I drove by...  honking the horn
at the car that took my place
and what was meant as romantic
was taken as the end of it all.

III.
our passion waited for us to discover it,
waited for us to bring it alive,
waited for us to use it in a manner
in which it had always been intended,
our passion was meant for us and not other.

IV.
"You say that you're going to pull plants today...
you mean you are going to work in the garden?"
"You mean a field,"  she replied, "it's seventy acres."
"it cannot be a field," he suggested,
"you play sports in a field."
"that's true," she agreed quite easily,
"but it cannot be a garden either, we're using a tractor."
"a tractor," he asked?
"yes...  and, tractors belong in a field."

V.
you held me together like
no other and after a while
it was easier to return home.

VI.
I was concerned about your future
until I saw how you let them easily
rob you of everything from your past.

VII.
as a lad I dreamed of
the adventure of sailing,
as a man I decided to
buy a family instead.

VIII.
she was the answer to all my
questions but the solutions
to my problems remained.

IX.
the wind whispers your name 
as it blows across my face,
the rain cleans my patience as
I received you open invitation,
birds sing a different tune since
you planted my feelings inside and
I want terribly to have you before 
my eyes close for the last time.

X.
I sat in a puddle of my own
thoughts feeling like it was
someone else's blood that had
nourished my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment