Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 32

 

 I.
there's really nothing more
we can do to deny how strong
our love is for each other.

II.
sitting there in the dark or
semi-darkness with only a
harvest moon for light, we
look at each other from
behind a trance... a disbelief of
how much we need each other.

III.
you took your needs from me
and gave me back needed love,
I took your love and gave empathy,
you took my empathy, giving
me a non judgmental routine,
I took this and pledged my love
but it was not a forever thing.

IV.
other couples seem to have
what it takes to get along
while we struggle to understand.

V.
I made you feel no more special than you did me,
I care for you no more than you cared for me,
I wanted you no more than you wanted me.

VI.
we faced the frustrations and the opposition,
the families, friends, and all the limitations,
we faced each other's love deciding it
was worth taking what we could take.

VII.
we placed ourselves behind a senseless
barrier of secrecy, defending our rights
to privacy when your family needed to
know who had actually stolen you away.

VIII.
can I trust you since you since you
are nothing more than my imagination?
an image I needed more that
any of my insecurities now.

IX.
within my influence you have my protection,
each moment falls like a leaf to the ground
building up layers to accommodate our age.

X.
you appeared as I began to climb out of my hole,
a hole that trapped depression so no other could
have what was actually meant for me...  your
caring cleansed me like a spring rain and without
it my new identity would not have lasted long.

No comments:

Post a Comment