Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 1



 I.
If I were to walk through a field what would I see?
If I were a Botanist what would I see?
an architect...
a chemist...
a landscaper...
or, an artist...  what would I see?
If I were to walk through a forest what would I see,
or if I were a bird looking at me?
June 1988
II.
I had hoped she would be
here again when I awoke,
to watch me shave...
June 1988
III.
"we're here making money...  I guess we're doing ok,"
the manager said;
"If you're doing all that, you're ahead of me,"
replied the customer.
June 1988
IV.
I fought back the tears as
I wanted to continue to be with you,
I fought back the tears seeing
you there not wanting to leave,
I fought back the tears knowing
that tomorrow was not soon enough.
June 1988
V.
It would have surprised me
to see you here this morning;
still, I wondered how I would
have felt if you just arrived.
June 1988
VI.
she matched her poorness
with my love and I found
we were both more rich than
we would have been happy.
June 1988
VII.
will you be my lover for years and years?
will you dress me in the warm thoughts of your devotion?
will you care for me as you would have your children?
will you laugh with me when I am bald?
will you expect our love to last forever?
June 1988
VIII.
If the gas I pass comes from
an inappropriate end, will
you roll down the window
or just smile back at me?
June 1988
IX.
all in all, my thoughts are sad
my views somewhat depressing,
but since I met you the only negative
matters about which to write are
not spending enough time with you.
June 1988
X.
imposed on us is self-restraint
and as long as we can maintain
our unique individual identities,
the systems works for us all.
June 1988


No comments:

Post a Comment