Monday, March 22, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 16

 

I.
it was my support on which she drew 
when I was in the arms of another...  far away,
returning...  I was still in her arms and
all the rooms in which we lived
became empty all of a sudden.

II.
her feelings crawled up my leg
in her absence and before long
it was my manhood that had a
problem with erect situations.


III.
she couldn't way what was on her mind,
but he felt it and knew what it had to be,
she didn't want to leave him on a negative note
but she was spending another night alone.

IV.
she could have any man in her bed,
so why should he feel bad because
she only wanted there to be one.

V.
he was accused of acting like her ex-husbands,
then she decided that they were nice now...
it was only as a husband when
they were a pain-in-the ass.

VI.
I came home early and spent the entire
evening wishing I was with you...
I knew if we spent more time
together we wouldn't care as much.

VII.
dress yourself in the finest silk
and wear your hair pulled back,
tonight...  we're going out on-the-town
to celebrate our new found love.

VIII.
over the shoulder of his imagination
came a daydream unlike all the rest,
one in which he controlled the action
as long as he accepted the consequences.

IX.
she wanted the advantage over him
she already knew she had the edge
over all the other women in his life,
he gave that advantage to no one.

X.
he had the best part of her
even though she woke up
with another in her bed...
he had her in spite of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment