Monday, March 15, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 9

I.
over in your direction I looked
and saw no one of any interest;
perhaps, months ago when life
was not like it is today since my
combinations provide me all.
May 1988

II.
if I think of you anymore 
that I do already, then
nothing will get done
today or any other day.
May 1988

III.
he was called back into duty
because earners on the minimum
did not show up to work today.
May 1988

IV.
her heart was in the right place
but when she tried to show it,
the probability of failure was high.
May 1988

V.
"Have you been working hard,"
the silver haired lady asked of her gentleman friend?
"I'm working on account of one,"
he responded briskly with a grin.
May 1988

VI.
in the water the women of Turkey sit
with their black gowns floating around them...
it is not clothes they attempt to clean this time.
May 1988

VII.
we laugh less than we should
less than we need to but when we do
a nice sensation is felt unlike
any sensation ever felt before.
May 1988

VIII.
you were to blame for being there
to fall in love with me...   and if,
you had stayed home with your wife
like you were supposed to
none of this would have happened.
May 1988

IX.
you have become attracted to me
and I to you as the case may be,
and neither of us talked about
what we had done until too late.
May 1988

X.
you asked me to come with you and I did
you asked me to have only you and I did
you asked me to be there for you and I was
you asked me to love you and I did
but when I asked you to be there for me
you had to go home to your wife and children.
May 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment