Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 24

  

I.
I spent the evening in my room
counting the bricks in the wall
and the number of times that
I longed to be with you tonight,
if you were with me anymore
than you are right now, the odds
are that we would not get along.

II.
press your lips against mine and
allow the moment to guide us,
press your waist against mine
and contemplate complete frenzy,
press your thoughts against mine
and openly accept my passion.

III.
I saw you demonstrate my love
back to me and could not adjust
to it pitiful outbursts of needs.

IV.
I surrendered myself to you
but retained control of my
ability to get out of what
might be anything permanent.

V.
even though we'll be together soon,
it's still difficult to leave you,
seeing you standing there watching
as I wished that I could remain.

VI.
she knows how we fell but doesn't
know why since she'd been there
before the risks were understood,
still she would not have stopped.

VII.
it used to be easy to fall in love
as long as it was defined in a
physical way, but the more love
is based upon emotional needs
the stronger the sensation becomes.


VIII.
she lived in roseville, a half
mile from the country store...
(by the same name)
who extends her credit
whenever she's in school.

IX.
faces in the dark without shadows
meet on the streets to exchange
services and once complete, vanish.

X.
you became my teacher showing a
new way to think...  forgetting age
and caring in spite of other limitations,
you showed me that love overlooks
everything except the real feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment