Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 25

  

I.
she was a good lover
good at helping me
forget how much I
cared about no other,
she was good anytime.

II.
I felt like a schoolboy waiting
for your call that never arrived,
thinking it was because you had
changed your mind or found another.

III.
I wasn't interested in men my ow
age, they seemed less interested 
in me than the older ones did...
they were nice for a change.

IV.
afternoons were spend with lofty
ambitions while the mornings
pieced together broken realities.

V.
our evenings began after nine,
giving us sixty minutes or less
and yet we always seemed to 
manage to have just enough time.

VI.
your reflection can be seen in the eyes
of other men and for every lie told so
shall your happiness be thus delayed.

VII.
for how long do we search...  how
long do we go without caring?
for how long do we live without trust
doing to other before it is done to us?
how long do we live with the neglect?


VIII.
will you share my loneliness,
will you be satisfied with
all of my routineness?
there is so much to consider
before we can get serious.

IX.
he set the example and then no one 
would follow, thinking sooner or later 
he would just have forgotten all about it.

X.
the bright star in the sky is Venus,
it looks big in the darkness beside the moon,
and we change the charts to accommodate its path,
wondering why things are this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment