Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 18

 

 I.
the same fingers that were used to excite him were
now used to feel his forehead for temperature...
a gentle firmness moving with confidence.

II.
all we seem to do is work...
no time to relax with a beer
and a movie to watch...
no time to read a book
or attempt to paint the sky.

III.
the darkness shines on me like
a beacon to guide the way...
no bearings of directions
no compass readings
no exit or entrance...  and, it
is while in these darkened
surroundings that the light
however faint is easily seen.

IV.
time became my enemy
robbing me of what I
could rely on while I was
motivated to look ahead...
it was the past, I fear, that
really brought me here.

V.
could I have missed
falling in love with you?
under any other circumstances
or did it just happen along?

VI.
the church bell  rang today and
it noise fell upon deaf ears in
the fields and in the valleys,
all because it had stopped
raining long enough to plant.

VII.
I sleep with my eyes open so I'll
be able to recognize you if I dream,
my bloodshot eyes can't see what
you mean to me this way so visit
me in the light of day if you dare.


VIII.
she booked passage with my thoughts
each night so I would not forget her
or the feelings that she had for me.

IX.
I wrote a poem about you and
it was so sexy I had to throw
it away before you read it.

X.
she was good at handling not being together
she had years of experience from another,
he was older and less patient but was not
going to die between visits with here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment