Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 7

 

I.
conversation cam easy for some
what they seemed to talk about,
for the most part was meaningless
glued together by importance.
May 1988

II.
in their hearts they knew
it was the right thing to do,
but their desires influenced
more than their passion did.
May 1988

III.
she meant the world to me
to my measure of self worth,
she was a focal point until
her needs outweighed mine.
May 1988

IV.
we were remembered
yesterday...
at the ceremony,
words as nice as
anyone could speak,
and if they last a week
it was all worth it.
May 1988

V.
a trilogy of trilogies
describes my life from
beginning to end...
some may find it tedious
but I found it exciting
about which to write while
reacquainting myself with me.
May 1988

VI.
the drive through Pennsylvania
was disappointing but the little
traveler and myself look towards
the end and our destination and
the reuniting of loved ones
if they are willing to take us back.
May 1988

VII.
I am always amazed as spring colors
how vivid each one is in the sunlight,
I am amazed at nature's patience
exhibited throughout the winter;
each season has it own temperament 
spring may not be the best to photograph
but it is still my favorite.
May 1988

VIII.
she was careful not to hurt
his feelings this weekend
with a careless thought or word;
he on the other hand
planned to work outside.
May 1988

IX.
we keep lists for everything
having no time to use them
until can can create a list to
explain how to use the lists.
May 1988

X.
we are time bandits
harnessing the power of youth
through photographs
and recollections,
seeing infrequently those
about which we care,
garnishing our guilt 
with a ten dollar call.
May 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment