Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 3

 


I.
operating on different levels of awareness,
we set the example that we hope others will follow
and when they don't we hide in shame.
May1988

II.
I lay in your arms and think of another,
when love is there it never leaves,
but carried around with you along
with the scars of why it did not work.
May 1988

III.
the sunshine came with the rain
and was as bright as it could be,
the heat intensified our feelings
smelling each other's desires...
the rain came after the sunshine
and was as relaxing as it could be.
May 1988

IV.
I think of you often when we're apart
and of all those things I want to say,
but when together there is nothing to say
and knowing you want me in the same way
there is nothing left to want or say
except having you near me once again.
May 1988

V.
young women talk of fancy clothes while
young men claim those clothes aren't worn very long
and as each boast of what they will receive
my thoughts turn to what I don't need.
May 1988

VI.
she came for me at night and during the day
it was beyond belief that I was chosen by her,
her young features and attractiveness were not appealing
as much as her personality and gentleness,
she said all the right things at all the right times and
had nothing to gain except half of what she earned.
May 1988

VII.
you spend your money on him now
in ways that were reserved for me,
feelings tick inside like time-bombs,
we have patience but no longer look
at each other in the same way anymore.
May 1988

VIII.
lately, I cannot shake my thoughts
away from you and I wonder which
level of concentration suffers from
all that I am forever feeling here...
lately, I seem to have been taken back
by your reluctant renewed interest.
May 1988

IX.
my nights are more lonely now that
I know you are there waiting for me
that when I did not have you at all.
May 1988

X.
"Can you tell me how to get to Lewis Winstead Road," 
was the question asked by a stranger?

"Where do you want to go," came the response?

"Highway Patrol Station," replied the stranger.

"Let me tell you this way," came the response again,
"you take the third hard surface road to the right...
you come to a stop sign and you turn left...
it'll be down there a piece on your right...
I don't know nothing about no Winstead road..."

No comments:

Post a Comment