Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 17

 

 I.
she thought of herself as ordinary
no different than all the rest with
nothing of interest to offer anyone.

II.
there was no hurry about her manner
even with her accent other that she
was more cute than she was obnoxious .

III.
a door was opened giving her the courage
to be self-supporting and without it she
she would have remained inside until
her home had tumbled down on top of her.

IV.
her thoughts dug into me like fingernails
and smiling at her arrogance, said she
did not understand what my problem was,
that I could leave her anytime I wanted.

V.
beside me you sit
and say nothing...
riding with me wherever
I go but still say nothing.

VI.
her image of me was flawless
until we spent the week together
and photos of my past lovers.

VII.
she called herself a "pushover"
because every time her former
partners asked for her help she
could never turn them down like
she did when they were married.

VIII.
he looks inside her head through
the behavior she exhibits greeting
her clients with caviar and champagne,
he looks to see who's at home and
if she is beyond redemption...
he looks more to see her than to help her.

IX.
charity begins at home with
a few kind words spoken...
if nothing nice can be said then
one might as well be hateful.

X.
the dog and pony show was
for adults but it pleased the
children to think that their
parents were having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment