Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Untitled... from 1988, page 8

 

I.
she spent her summers on the coast
her falls in the mountains,
her springs in the piedmont
leaving her winters free to
sort over all her impressions.
May 1988

II.
he was a military man and she
was a military man's wife; but,
he was really married to the service
and she loved to play the field.
May 1988

III.
those least expected to have manners
usually have more than expected and
when that is seen, it is because one's
own manners are always missing.
May 1988

IV.
she loved him knowing
her need for him would
eventually end the affair.
May 1988

V.
two lives are led knowingly
one for the weekend and
one for the rest of the week;
two lives are led because
women and men are different
and have different needs.
May 1988

VI.
"don't you be at Mr. B's on Sundays,"
she asked, confident she knew the answer?
"yes," he replied, "I go there because the coffee is better than Mr. D's."
"I see you there every Sunday," 
she said drawing closer to him in the booth.
May 1988
 
VII.
roses in my garden bloom
reds, yellows, oranges, pinks, whites, and purples,
what cannot be said is offered with a rose,
we grow hundreds.
May 1988

VIII.
the managers compete for recognition
yet they are only measured on sales
yet their concerns are with customers.
May 1988

IX.
the fog in my head has cleared
and the distances I see in front
of me are longer than my desires
for me to want to get there.
May 1988

X.
I had film in the camera but not
the desire to take your photograph,
you paraded around like a princess
at least that is what it seemed to me.
May 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment