Saturday, June 12, 2021

August 1988 - page 5

1.
she was there
in front of him
with a lap full of anger
all were alike and
she trusted none
or would not any
more after this one.

2.
this house was filled with children
from other marriages with no chance
of his own...  she knew that children
would not hold him close to her.

3.
there was little to be gained and
not much more to loose...  as
each day they continued and
wondered why... as each day
passed they fought it all.

4.
and if they were to wait for me
to show my love, a cold day in hell
would pray comes first and all
of us would freeze our wants off.

5.
she spent her life lying down and
looking up to find approval with
what she was doing...  only her father
would never again be there for her.

6.
I dream of loneliness and the
security by which it is measured,
I dream of giving love in return
for the love I have been given.

7.
she called me asshole and said she
hated my guts and the truth of her
words haunted me all day and I
dreaded the evening and her return.

8.
the sky is pale blue and clear today
the air is fresh and new
the sun has opened her oven door
and my thoughts are of you.

9.
there were more of them each day
instead of less...  they were strong
instead of weak...  the truth hides
better than it used to hide from me.

10.
couples come and go and
they part and they join
with new partners and the
cycle continues as they do
always the best they can.


No comments:

Post a Comment