Sunday, June 6, 2021

September 1988 - page 4

1.
a raindrop on a
leaf sat until a gust of
wind took her away.

2.
each time I think of you
I risk falling in love with
someone who cannot love me
back as I would want to be;
each time I think of you
I remember all that we said
about how we felt and
would feel forever...
each time I think of you
I am tormented by those feelings
I can only have with you...
a love of similarities and
knowing how I felt and being
able to express myself to you;
each time I think of you
I think Jesus Christ I will
never love another man,
especially one who is married.

3.
not rebecca but becky was
the name by which she went,
a confused woman of twenty-five
whose search for love left her
wanting less than she started with
since there was nothing there anyway;
her name was up for grabs and
only one knew how to spell it.

4.
al thought or two went your way
a strong feeling remains inside
and I cry for you as you cry for me
and I want you more than yesterday;
I want to hold you...
feel you close...
look into your eyes and confide in you
tell you what's on my mind
encouragement from one who knows me,
I just want to feel wanted by you
someone who I know loves me...
wants me...  and would have done
just about anything for me.

5.
we had not give much and then
at times we had given too much;
it was easy to imagine her spoiled
it was easy not to want to give
she was so ungrateful.

6.
our ideas were frozen for future use
less bothered by each other and the weather,
to a new time and a new place and a new
beginning...  too frozen to object.

7.
our love was built around faith and our
faith was built around trust and our 
trust was assumed to be there and it was for
a while and then just disappeared.

8.
through the doors of my life you passed
giving a lot and assuming little,
your life poured into mine as easily as
a glass of wine tasted too sweet by
the caring you wanted to give and
inside the house we built around us
none of the lights would work.

9.
it wasn't often but when you let your
hair fall, you were the one in whose
dreams I had imagined myself being.

10.
there were five of them who entered
my world and taken land with them
when they had left...  my world was
not that big and I needed to sell
what was left and seek our retirement.


No comments:

Post a Comment