Thursday, June 24, 2021

November 1995 - page 3

1.
give me the strength
to endure your shit
so that I might outlast you,
knowing that in so doing
you will withdraw and
I will have less than
what I started with.


2.
she goes to work
at the same time,
but there is no proof
that she arrives or
stays all day once
she does arrive
and it would not
surprise me if she
was with another
man because that
would give her the
strength she needed
to resist loving me.

3.
what will I have
if you leave,
will I gain or lose?
there will probably
be a little of both,
I believe...  since
I am not sure what 
kind of man you need,
but I suppose you
are looking for a
parent rather than a
companion since
your looks get you
any many you need,
yet who would stay?

4.
I am here today
gone tomorrow
and if by chance
I end up alone
sobeit because
what's the point
of sharing time
with someone 
with whom one
does not want to be.

5.
my mind is chained to yours
in more ways than you know
or want to admit and try as
you may my dear you are
better off with me than with
someone else and that is what
bothers you about staying with
me and losing all your control.

6.
she say she doesn't bitch
but when one fusses or
complains about how 
something has been done
is what I mean and she
does plenty of that and
it happens all the time.

7.
you make a big deal
out of nothing and
each time you do,
I am the one who
must pay the price
until you get over it.

8.
they were divorced
living in different worlds
they met once a week
at McDonalds to  share
the children over coffee.

9.
it was wonderful
the best it has been in a
while and you know it.

10.
"good morning," he said
"It was until just now," she replied,
"my boss told me I was a smart ass."


No comments:

Post a Comment