Tuesday, June 29, 2021

December 1995 - page 3

1.
each month brings us closer
to a life together or apart,
each month shows us what
our partner is really like,
each month has us confused
with our emotions,
each month fills us full of
happiness or regret...
each month passes as we
continue non proposed.

2.
the future sings
softly in my ears,
and I am not so
hasty as before,
and what I want
is no longer what
I need but what
I am accepting.

3.
she has children and her
husband leaves he alone,
she has desires and her
needs are met by another.

4.
we are not friends
nor are we enemies,
we are strangers who
what to share nothing
nor do we give or take,
simply giving what
we have to and taking
what we can and
hoping someone acts
soon so we don't have to.

5.
we are fortunate
we are dimple
no pure thoughts anymore
like we used to,
we are lean and mean and
hungry for advice,
we tend to ear foods without spice,
we are young and old
with no scars
or rough hands,
we tinker with the mind
and sometimes
we save a few.

6.
she dresses to look nice
because both men and women
take shots at her and she
wonders when her misery
will be replaced by happiness,
and she deserves what she will
but needs to look inside to see
what really stands in her way.

7.
my education stands
in our way but would not
if you were like me and
could understand all
that I cannot explain.

8.
bring me hope
bring me relief
for all that I have done
bring me respect
from those I have not won
bring me death
bring me satisfaction
bring me an end
to all that's left undone.

9.
war is stupid
so is fighting
and yet
we are aggressive
with our spouses
when angry,
we are stupid
having learned nothing
from years of
disaster.

10.
let me provide you
with all that you need,
let me take care of you,
and in return all I ask
is for you to be not
so damn independent.


No comments:

Post a Comment