Friday, June 4, 2021

July 1988 - page 4



1.
how many hearts have I broken
because I cannot be satisfied with one?
how many hearts are lonely because
I was only being selfish?
how many had to get over their love?
How many scars do I have to bear
before I can call myself a man?

2.
I cannot imagine life without you
without your love, my love...
just this chance to love you
just once with you is all I ask.

3.
once we know what damage we can
cause, we seldom apologize for
any loss of our integrity...  once we
peer into our future, we draw on that
which usually keeps us from success.

4.
you did not win
but you did not lose,
you gave yourself
hoping and ended
up with dignity.

5.
and as you learn to write from
the heart your words will flow
like feelings reminding you of
when you last made love to him.

6.
the fire in his eyes was gone 
as was his spirit...  broken 
from his thoughts after she 
removed his manhood.

7.
we are frozen in time
suspended...
and the details remain the same
and the days pass...
less our progress as one
is not persuaded today
nor tomorrow and 
decisions will be postponed
for another day.

8.
our code of conduct falters
a faceless document
and one less face to feed.

9.
she came to me and said,
"I don't care anymore,"
and I thought she mean herself,
but she meant about me.

10.
as the distance between them
grew the more beautiful she
became and he knew he had
not choice but to let her go.


No comments:

Post a Comment