Monday, June 28, 2021

December 1995 - page 2

1.
there is only one
can only be me
if you'll agree
to my interpretation
of your love for me.

2.
I have you
on my side
but you want
to know
others as well.

3.
when I tell her I don't mind
her spending habits
I really don't
but I do wish she would
regulate herself,
if I tell her not to spend
so much, she claims
I'm worried about how much
she is spending...  trying
her best to make me feel guilty
by telling me I am
treating her mean...
I'm not worried about how
much she spends but
I am concerned that
she just will never stop.

4.
I am concerned
that you make
comparisons that
are of an unlike nature
thinking, you are
absolutely correct 
in your analysis which
ain't necessarily so.

5.
you expect a certain
treatment, just like I did
when it is not present...
you turn away just like I did
now the difference is I
am not saying anything
about it like you did.

6.
you have the same mentality
as those who are uneducated
and it is beginning to
show up in your behaviors
and attitudes that have
always been foreign to you.

7.
it is the firs
of the month
and we have our
first dusting of snow...
now everyone is
talking to see if
anyone had problems
getting outside.

8.
what do we do
today and the
the next day and
the next...  if we
are concerned with
our inability to
compromise today?

9.
tell me a certainty
tell me a lie
feel me what you are hiding
before I die...
tell me the truth
tell me your speculations
tell me the price you paid
to have your own way.

10.
some woman
talked to me
about what I am doing
and you say
you have been left out
so why don't you
find a way to join in
like you told me to.?

No comments:

Post a Comment