Monday, June 7, 2021

October 1988 - page 4



1.
something lives in my
belly with no future or
past 'cept what I give.


2.
tonight she sees me
not and the next night and the
next if we're lucky.

3.
my heart belongs to 
no one even those who have
what love I can give.

4.
with you in mind I
saw her and holding my breath
had nothing to say.

5.
there is a challenge each morning to
confront the day from a restless sleep,
to begin the day that never ended,
to make a new another...  at an old
mountain...  a challenge exists out
there somewhere if we can find it.

6.
her eyes curl around me as the
curiosity of loving asks for more than
she has or wants to give me.

7.
she was so excited with her story
telling that the quicker she relayed
the funny the quicker we ate until
she choked on her words and the
food fell on only deaf ears.

8.
their beauty alive
inside me live in silence
afraid to speak out.

9.
we laugh at others
when who we really want is
to poke at ourselves.

10.
she left her home for looks
finding over the year that 
darkness could not conceal
most of the flaws for which
we all had searched back then.


No comments:

Post a Comment