Wednesday, June 23, 2021

November 1995 - page 2

1.
you leave
wanting me to...
and,
when it is not as you
want it to be,
you leave
without
saying a word.

2.
my life was happy
when we first met
as was yours
by your own words,
and now,
we have tried to rearrange
and change
each other's
points-of-view,
and now,
I wonder how much you
want me if I
am not all that you
want me to be,
and,
will that now or
eventually give us
back our happiness?

3.
my life is blended
with yours intertwined if you
will and for ever.
 
4.
I want to know for sure
if you are willing to  get
me to stay...  knowing
that it may not be your way
and when you decide  you
don't want to play that
game...  remember...  you
have asked the same of me.

5.
my poems
have no substance
anymore,
no meaning,
they are written
out of the frustration
I feel living with you.

6.
is it ok to
send your 
wife off to
work while
you stay in
bed if one
can get away
with it now?

7.
she tried to ignore him
leave the house without
saying goodbye...
not letting him know where
she is going after work...
stays in another room
while he is home at night...
but,  he still holds onto her
after being so cruel,
there is silence between them
as well as distance,
never being father apart,
she tries to ignore him
but to serve what purpose,
still he wants to know
as if she is here for money
or if she is here for him.

8.
she will push him away
and into the arms of another
becoming the woman she
took him away from before.

9.
we sleep in the same bed
but we touch as if strangers
keeping the intimacy we
have previously shared inside.

10.
you want to run the show
and when you cannot you
swell up like a spoiled child.


No comments:

Post a Comment