Wednesday, June 2, 2021

December 1988 - page 3



1.
velveting alluring were her eyes and
the imagined softness of her lips,
vivacious was her smile and the
intimate beauty held within...
and I longed to know what needed to be
shared with someone who understood.

2.
he was no match for
her and he knew it,
her eyes wanting
someone who was new.

3.
it was always these kinds of things
that turned people away and it
was always what they couldn't give
that seemed to be the most valuable.

4.
there was absolutely no need to let
her know what was wrong, since all
she really wanted was someone to
raise her children from a previous time.

5.
I allow and should not allow
myself to care too often and
will not in the future live to
rely on any previous ones.

6.
she went to him out of
lust so that her boyfriends
would not too badly of her.

7.
there was no honor, only anger
that drove him on and a longing
to be there when it all would
eventually come back around.

8.
she always provided an
alternate selection and knew
pretty much, who would go
there but she never expected
herself to be one of the lonely.

9.
I spent an quarter today
in the hope that you
would invite me over,
instead you wanted to 
borrow money from me.

10.
I've sang a thousand love songs
to your over the years,
receiving a little of your time
for all my trouble.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment