Saturday, June 19, 2021

October 1995 - page 3

1.
the tables have turned
it is not the same
what went around
has returned and now
you are on the short end
of the stick as you must
let me grow away from you.

2.
down and dirty
we are
each of us
wanting what we
cannot give.

3.
you are not stupid
you know what you do
yet you say
it makes no difference to you,
and I say it does
because of the way you dress
at the very least
teases a male sexually
and that has a tendency
to force you to choose.

4
touch me here
but do not
touch me there,
you and I
are over and
I have no need for you
so why am I talking
to you now if
I feel that way?
.
5.
I see you
in my dreams
think of you
in my heart
want you
in my soul,
you are the sum total
of everything that is
or that will be.


6
measure me
in terms of
how I want to be
not how
you want me to be.
.
7.
it is my destiny
our destiny
to have each other
even though
doubts remain
in both our hearts.

8.
we are one
in what we
think or feel,
we are agreeable
not as mature
and stubborn,
we are unique
in how we
perceive desire.

9.
a cold wind howls
leaving me 
speechless...  hollow,
my feet are frozen
my flight broken
like a statue
I will remain
until morning.

10.
you have broken
my will,
sapped my courage,
intimidated me
into believing
that it is your will or
nothing at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment