Sunday, June 27, 2021

December 1995 - page 1

1.
my eyes are fuzzy
when I look close
but far away
in a big picture style
there is clarity.

2.
we travel endlessly
in our minds,
to all points between
imagination and reality,
and when we meet
friends along the way,
we search our calendars
to see if we can stay.

3.
you sleep beside me
every night,
doing what you care to
do every day,
when our pathways coincide
we are grateful.

4.
I stand on my own,
if I sink or swim so
be careful how you
play me  and do not
leave me in Tennessee.

5.
she has no choice
but to let me
take care of her
even though her
life has been free
of all that for years.

6.
lights in my eyes
lights behind my back
light enter my mind
through a variety of means
a source of darkness
is what I seek.

7.
a world at peace
is what we have
and a movie industry that
has bizarre violence.

8.
they came dressed in diamonds
and fancy clothes with their
superior ways and means,
they came with their pearls
and real estate holdings and
checkbooks open to help
finance all their opinions,
they have old and new money
and money stained with blood
symbolic of their closed eyes,
they have church on their side
and government
and education
and are favorite sons of the law,
they have power and prestige 
from sun up to sun down
and the only thing they truly
love is their own greed and
who they can defeat...
they are our essence
they are this land
they are our inheritance.

9.
paint me a pretty picture
so I can see the happiness
that I know someone has
somewhere in this land.

10.
there is no law or policy
or procedure if both side
are equally correct and
equally wrong in the
analysis of one's debate.


No comments:

Post a Comment