Sunday, September 12, 2021

August 1999 - page 3

1.
if you ignore me it must
be because you have a
lover that occupies all
your thoughts even when
you are away from him.

2.
do you ever look at what
you do and think that part
of it might be wrong...
do you ever think that
you are hiding something?

3.
gradually she show affection
making sure I know how she feels,
and making sure that I see her
indifference and her willingness
to pretend to want me always.

4.
she wants to get recognized
she wants attention and
admiration...  she wants to
get what she can  long before
he uses all that she's go.

5.
I am not sure what I want
or what I need...  so, I seem
to be drifting aimlessly,
earning money for expenses
but too late in life to 
really do anything about it,
I am not sure if I see the point.

6.   
we look for points of reason
but we see none and while
some wonder why...  others
just accept it, dealing with it
as it just happens to them.

7.
uncertainty permeates my life
in all facets of it...  while that
offers little comfort, I seem 
not to be afraid of anything,
not even of all my tomorrows.

8.
at my age I 
should be
happier and
more secure
with my choice
of careers.

9.
I want to write
take photographs
and oil paint...
but I have no
ambition or drive
or follow through,
I blame it onj others
but the real culprit is
the one who writes.

10.
who are you...  to tell me...
what is is that I should do
and why I should do it...
do you want me to be so
much like you simply
because you think your
ways are the way to be?
if/...  you want me to let
you be who you are...
then...  you must let me
be who I am...  or else
you contradict the way
of your philosophy and
the way you live yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment