Monday, September 20, 2021

October 1999 - page 1

1.
it is almost an apology to myself
this morning is because I have not
written a word and it is the third
of a new month...  I see myself
this morning as someone new,
someone reborn...  but not in the
religious fever sense...  it is more
like my life has tranformed into
something new and special and I
have no idea where it is going
or where I might end up today.


2.
we have no doubts...  no safety nets...
no reassurances...  all we have is our
fear and our beliefs that what we do
today will be enough for tomorrow.


3.
I spend the entire weekend alone
and what's worse is that your were
angry with me because we did not
have sex when you wanted it and
when I asked you to wait until
tomorrow you refused...  but,  if
I had not have come home early,
you would not have wanted sex
untl the next day anyway honey.

  
4.
I see ou in my dreams and I wonder
why we ever wanted to be together
because we are as different as night
and day and mix as easily as oil
and water if the truth be known.


5.
behold...  for I give you a kingdom
in my father's land and you refuse
because you don't know who I am.


6.
the world struggles with poverty
and I wrestle with the love that
I may or may not ever possess.


7.
I see our crown of thorns and I 
weep for you...  my Lord...  I 
feel your pain and suffering and 
I weep for you...  my Lord...  I 
hold you in my heart and tightly
in my mind, hoping I will be 
like you when I grow up more.


8.
I hold my pain inside my heart
and the outside of me shows
no ill effects at all...  even though
my mental anguish would be
unbearable for a mortal's soul.


9.
I am no man...  alive and well
in Tennessee...  a little worse
for wear but nothing I cannot
handle...  I am no man...  and
live in no man's land this day.


10.
I ask for help and receive nothing,
I ask for love and receive nothing,
I ask for nothing and receive everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment