Wednesday, September 22, 2021

October 1999 - page 3

1.
I live under a fear that
manifess itself daily
and the older I get the
worse that fear becomes,
it immobilizes me and
makes me say words
that I wish I didn't say.


2.
it is the tone of voice that
sets me off...  it is the feeling
I have been backed into a
corner...  it is the feeling I
have been made to look stupid
but even all of this...  it is more
and I am left so defenseless.


3.
each day we count our blessings
subtract those offset with anger,
each day we evaluate our lives
to see if we could have done better,
each day we are never satisfied
with who we are or want to be.


4.
there is no peace in my mind
unbalanced and uneven...
as if it had been torn in half
and put back together wrong,
there is no salvation for he
who hesitates and always decides
too late to be of any consequence.


5.
this is the month my devil appears
and takes me by the hand and asks
me to do his bidding...  this is the
month that God appears and helps
me fight the evil inside...  this is
the month I am left divided and
abused...  tortured and played with
because I can never see the way I
I am actually supposed to appear.
 

6.
death be to Willie Loman and
death be to me...  we both live
in an awkward stage of history,
never really ever fitting in no
matter what we try to do...
belonging less to time and space
than we do to ourselves anymore. 


7.
and then there was the word
and the word was good
and the word was the word
the word...
the word...
words...  words...  words...
but no language
no commonality
no brotherhood
first, there was the word
and the word understood
and became law
and our covenant
good was the word
but no one heard
no one listened
even though they knew
the word by heart.


8.
I am chained inside
a prisoner of my own insanity
I belong locked up
fenced in like a dog
to be studied as if
I were in a zoo.


9.
words and thoughts flow thru
my mind...  all night long...  as 
though I were writing this
narrative that no one will ever
read...  not even me...  and, in
the morning I remember how
it all happened...  
I got no sleep, but little else.



10.
it pours out from my mind
with no purpose
and no intent
it all seems a waste of time
because no one will
ever read these words that
from me or from who...
I wonder...


No comments:

Post a Comment