Monday, September 6, 2021

July 1999 - page 2

1.
this is my year
one of rebuilding
protecting and growing,
this is my year
and I want
everyone to know,
this is my year
as I learn patience
and understanding
compassion and
protection and doing
what I believe
to be right...
this is my year and
it is about time.

2.
there is a pattern
to my development
and it would appear
that I keep getting
asked to do more,
there is a resurgence
of belief that it is
possible for me to
live a simple life...
and be happy, making
sure that God is and 
will always be in 
my life from now on.

3.
can an old man
be tempted...
can an old man 
see the error of his 
ways and make amends...
can an old man
forgive and get on
with his life...
can an old man
be forgiven and rewarded
all in the same year,
can an old man
sing and rejoice and
go with the flow?

4.
he is back there
with her as
often as he can be
but he will never
be anything more
to her that just
a regular employee.

5.
I sing his praise
to myself so
that I will know
the true meaning
of love and maybe
I will find some
God-like qualities
one of these days.

6.
I am not too sure
of anything anymore
other than what I see
each day...  all the
rest is beased upon
the faith that I have.

7.
life begins at forty
but what about fifty
and will this mark
an end to my free fall
and will all this
present uncertainty
mark an end to my
past and symbolize
something positive.

8.
I hurt all the time
inside...  until I
found that the
hurting stopped
after I changed
my attitude some.

9.
it rains too much
these days but not
enough for new
yards or old trees.

10.
you are on my mind as you
claim that I am on yours
but the reality of our lives
is that we think very little
about each other these days
because of our busy schedules
that never seem to leave us
any time except sleeping together.


No comments:

Post a Comment