Sunday, September 26, 2021

November 1999 - page 2

1.
I study the Bible to see
the lessons it teaches...
so that my life will be
better...  but...  there 
is little improvement
and all I can tell is that
I am not doing it right.

2.
I want to have you in my life
today and tomorrow and I 
have changed my mind...
because of something you
have done or said and I
wish that our relationship
was more solid that this
and a lot more trusting.

3.
the weekend has passed
and we once again look
towards work to pass
the time until the next
shallow weekend arrives.

4.
rain...  rain...  rain...  falling
all night...  it comes from heaven
but causes destruction here
on earth...  it gives and it takes
life indiscriminately like a
necesary evil...  relentless and
unforgiving...  yet it is a gift
like all the others we receive.

5.
you stay with me year after year
even though I give you despair
and I wonder who else I will let
down other than myself now.

6.
it is funny how God takes men
like Peyton early in life who
accomplish so much and leave
men like me around who seem
to have no desire to go anywhere.

7.
walk with me into the darkness,
walk with me into the light,
walk with me into whatever but
at least we will always be together.

8.
hold onto me...  never let
me go...  and, I will be yours
until death takes one away.

9.
be fresh...  be nice...  be soft
and kind...   be whatever...
just don't let people see
how negative you've become.

10.
where will you be in ten years
from now or even five...  if you
live that long...  so, why not make
the best of it each day you're alive?


No comments:

Post a Comment