Wednesday, September 29, 2021

November 1999 - page 5

1.
this is what you have done for me
and this is what I must do for you,
an equal trade or swap...  tit for tat...
so they say...  quid pro quo... and
since I have received your you must
now find a way to receive mine.

2.
how does one prepare one's self for
this kind of transformation this late
in life with noi real means of support
with financial or otherwise...  unless,
one does so because one believes?

3.
I am amazed by all the violence
in our country and accross the
world in the name of salvation.

4.
you do your thing and I do mine,
we sleep together but we are not
really together...  and, the life we
had is gone...  so, now our new
life must be for ourselves and
others but not for each other.

5.
you have got some growing up
to do and I am not sure if I am
the man to wait around for you
while you set about finishing up.

6.
I see many ideas flash through my
head each morning when I begin
to write and most of them center
around what I don't have rather
than on what I could give to others
like Jesus and his disciples did.

7.
I see what I can give and want
to give to you but if you are
not around then I will have no
choice but to give it to another.

8.
if you want me you will have to
show it...  I will not take you and
your love for granted...  so, what
you show you get in return but
what you don't is withheld for
someone else who is arriving.

9.
I will not beg you to
show me love...  that
must come from within
and if you wait too long,
then, I will be gone and
will live my life alone.

10.
Each day I write my thoughts as if
my life depended upon them...  but,
of course...  it does not...  so, why
am I needing to do this, especially if
it has been getting me nowhere at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment